Ocean City Life Saving Station Museum
Boardwalk Hotels and Businesses - Online Exhibit
Browse the Boardwalk and walk down memory lane with this online postcard image exhibit.

image

Atlantic Hotel on Wicomico Street - Circa 1910
Originally built in 1875 by the Atlantic Hotel Corporation, it was considered Ocean City's grandest hotel. This building burned in 1925 and was replaced by a larger, more modern building of the same name. The hotel is still owned and operated by the Purnell Family.



image
Baltimorean - North First Street



image
Beachway Apts - 2nd Street



image
The Breakers Hotel on the Boardwalk at 3rd Street




image
The Casino Theater at Worcester Street and the Boardwalk


image

The United States Life-Saving Station was located on Caroline Street (above) and became The US Coast Guard Station in 1915 (below). The building was moved in December 1977 to its present location at the Inlet where it now houses a museum.

image



image
The original Colonial Hotel, shown in 1915, was located between First and Second Streets on the Boardwalk




image
The Commander Hotel located on 14th Street was owned and operated by the Lynch Family. When it was built in 1930, it was considered by locals to be "up the beach" at the extreme north end of town. It was torn down 1997.



image
Del-Mar - N. Division Street




image
Dolles - 500 South Atlantic Avenue (Boardwalk)

image
Edward's Five and Ten


image
The Friendly Gift Shop


image
The George Washington Hotel was located on 10th Street.

image
The Hamilton Hotel, was built around 1900 and was located on Third Street and the Boardwalk. It was noted for its fine cuisine: the highlight of the week was Sunday supper, when the menu consisted of broiled chicken and waffles. Meals were enhanced by orchestra music which flowed from the music room.



image
Harrison Hall - 15th Street



image
Hastings Miramar Hotel was located between 2nd and 3rd Streets. The Hastings was built by Josephine Hastings and later became the property of Willye Jones Conner Ludlam. It was demolished in 1975 to increase parking facilities in the area.

image
Hess Apparel - 9th Street


image
Holiday House - 8th Street


image
The Idylwild on First Street



image
Jackson's Casino between 9th and 10th Streets on the Boardwalk


image
Jester's Souvenir and Confectionery and Lunch - the Pier Building

image
Kaye Hotel - 6th Street (possibly renamed to Normandy)

image
The LaGrande Hotel was located 13th Street.
The old Catholic Home was remodeled to The LaGrande Hotel in 1948. The building was one of the first to be built on the island. Built at 13th Street the building was considered "way out of town" during the 1940's and early 1950's. It was later renamed the Broadripple and torn down in 2007.

image
Lambros Apartments 405-407 North Boardwalk was owned by Margaret Lambros.

image
Lankford -8th Street - owners Mr. & Mrs. J. Warren Frame

image
The Liberty Farms Hotel (above) on 7th Street became the Majestic Hotel(below)and is still standing in 2008.
image


image
The Linmar Hotel



image
Maryland Inn - Caroline Street

image
Maryland Pharmacy


image
Mayflower Hotel - 12th Street


image
The Mount Pleasant Hotel was located on the Boardwalk between North Division and First Streets. Built in 1900 by Margaret Campbell Buell, the hotel saw several different owners throughout its sixty-year history. In the early 1970's the hotel burned to the ground.


image
Neikirks Apartments



image
Nordica Hotel was located at Talbot Street and the Boardwalk


image
Hotel Normandy was located on 6th Street.


image
Ocean Park Motel - Boardwalk at 17th Street


image
Phillips Beach Plaza and Bo Con Apartments on 13th Street

image
Plimhimmon on 2nd Street was owned by Rosalie Tilghman Shreve, a widow with children to support, came to the village during the summer months and ran the Goldsborough cottage. Finding this venture successful and prosperous, she built in 1894 the Plimhimmon. The Plimhimmon burned down in 1962 and was rebuilt as the Plim Plaza which is still standing today.

image
The Purnell Hotel located at 205 North Boardwalk and was run by Mr. & Mrs. John Hodkinson.


image
Quality Inn Boardwalk at 17th Street


image
Rideau - between North Division and First Street

image
The Roosevelt Hotel - North Division Street - 1955 owners Mr. & Mrs. Elwood Fleming


image
The Royalton - 11th Street


image
Sandyhill Motel at 18th Street started as three cottages before 1933. Three more cottages were added and later the cottages were raised up. Six more cottages were added under the first six cottages. These were torn down to make way for the Motel. The Sandy Hill Motel opened in the summer of 1958 was sold in December of 1986.


image
Santa Maria - 15th Street


image
Satellite Motel


image
Seabonay Motel 28th Street


image
Sea Scape Motel at 16th Street


image
Shoreham Hotel 4th Street


image
Showell's Swimming Pool


image
Stephen Decatur Hotel & Apts - 12th Street


image
The Stowaway - 22nd Street


image
Surf & Sands Motel 22nd to 23rd Streets opened on Memorial Weekend 1955 and closed October 1998.

image
Thrashers fries and Dumsers Ice Cream


image
The Tidelands Motel was located at 409 North Boardwalk.

image
Washington Pharmacy


image
Wetipquin Hall next to the Hasting Hotel between 2nd and 3rd Streets on the Boardwalk